June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Emeraldtarpon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi TFFers,
a quick question on heater placement...
Would placing the heater under the spray bar produce a good distribution of heat throughout the tank (4ft-200L...Canister 1400l/hr)?
Here's a VERY rough example of what im talking about (trying to draw something on computers is a nightmare lol).
Its straight forward...The SB stands for spray bar and the H is the heater.

One thing i do want to ask is how far below the spray bar should the heater be placed?
Many thanks, appreciate the replies :)👍

heater placement.png

You can have the heater near a filter outlet to help circulate the warm water. Or just have the heater in the middle of the tank (on the back glass) and let the current circulate the water.

I prefer heaters in the middle of the tank so they warm the tank more evenly. This is a bigger issue in tanks with only a small amount of water movement. If you have heaps of water movement, it doesn't really matter where the heater goes.

Hello Emerald. How warm is the room where you keep the tank? If you keep the room a fairly constant temperature that's suitable for your fish, you may not need to go the expense of a heater. I keep my house at 72 degrees in the Winter and 77 in the Summer, so I don't need to heat my indoor tanks.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Most reactions

Back