Would Pygmy Corys Be Ok In Same Tank As Pr Gourami?

Kariann

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Oxford, UK
I asked on newbie section a while back and after advice decided on stocking a 48l, with a few platys, pr gouramis and 4-6 pygmy corys, but someone on corys section just said they wouldn't do well with gouramis! Any views? If not suitable, any suggestions for other fish?
 
I don't see the cories being a problem with the gouramis in there. But I might suggest you go with a smaller type gouramis for your tank. I'm assuming you have a pearl gouramis or is it pair of gouramis? Also be careful of the platies as you may end up with 30 platies lol.
 
To me that sounds like to many fish for a 48ltr tank.

The corys shouldnt bother the gourami at all. They are active lil buggers but the gourami shouldnt be to worried about them. We have had a full grown albino cory in the same tank as a big 2yr old gold gourami and the gourami couldnt give a rats about what they cory is doing.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top