Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
would like to get a lizard want to i need to know :D

or some thing low mainature :look:

something small which does not need lots of looking after
do all lizards like live food
any ideas :)

& can lizards go in a 2 gallon uk tank

what i am looking for is somthing to go in a 2 gallon tank :)

Lepoard Gecko. You could get a Bearded Dragon but they are expensive to buy,set-up and keep. Yes as far as I know they all eat live food. I think that 2 gallon is too small for anything. For a leopard Gecko you would need a ten gallon tank for one and twenty for two.

would not mine getting a bigger tank
do they like to live to there own or pairs
do they need a heater
how do you care for them
how much do they cost the food ect
are they friendly
are they good for a first lizard owner

is there anything i could keep in my 2 gallon uk tank like a frog ect :)

I don't know that much and have very basic knoweldge. You will need to do some proper research. However I will do my best.

1)Either is fine

2) They will need a heatmat or basking bulb and UVA lighting

3)Very basic. Water, hides, correct substrate. You will need to research the details further.

4)Food will be mealworms mainly. Roughly £2.50 a week.

5) No reptile is friendly but they do tolerate handling

6) The best

7)Possibly aquatic frog,giant african land snail,shrimps. Very little you are quite limited I am not even sure any of the suggested would fit.

i will do some research on the lizard thanks

where do i get african land snail from ?
:)

Ask at your local reptie shop. Looks like you might be there in the near future anyway.

Please note that african land snails (achatina) are banned in the USA, and grow to 20 cm in lenght!! Mealworms alone will not be suficient, you will also need crickets. A 15-20 gallon is a minimum for 1 leopard gecko. the rst was already covered...

In the UK snails are not a problem. 10 UK gallons minimum ( I would say). Yeah extra food is advisable and I am not an expert so go with crickets too.

Giant african land snails can live in the wild in the USA and cause havic quickly destroying crops.

If they escape they upsets delicate food chains and ecosystems just like rabbits in Australia. They grow huge and reproduce quickly. Imagine the damage they could do to farmland.

Most reactions

trending

Back