Wormy Situation

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

B

BettaBettas

So found a worm creature in my filter today, anyone know what it is? it had little pincers and was reddish brown

Attachments

• w.jpg
    w.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 80
Google drain fly larvae and look at the pictures. I had some nasty looking things once in an hob filter that were these. I wasn't cleaning the gunk out good enough and since it wasn't a closed system like a canister, they got in it. I don't know if they can get into a canister or not but I haven't seen them so far. What kind of filter do you have?

Here is a link to an old post of mine that has a couple of pictures of what I'm talking about.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/435861-black-worms-in-tank/

And mine were not planaria on this one. Lol.

It is most likely a bloodworm, they eat detruis and wood I get colonies of them in my pond and any where water has sat for periods of time with wood or leaves in it. Bloodworms are just the larval stage of gnats and harmles to you and your fish, and fish love eating them so a handy snack to keep a colony of.

I feed frozen blood worms to my fish. live ones are excellent and healthy for fish

I actually do have gnats in my house, lots of them at night due to the porch light lol so makes sense!

Enough of the personal comments, thank you.

Stay polite and stay on topic, please.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back