Worms!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lrhodes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was just now vacuuming my 55... and notice tiny tiny worms being sucked up... I scooped out some of the vacuumed water, sure enough.... tiny pink worms. Thinner than hair. And they are pinkish in color... help!!!!!
What are they????????????
There are hundreds!!!! And I just vacuumed a small spot ...

I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown...
Camellanus worms? Maybe?
I don't see any fish with worms coming out of their butts...
And do those stay in the tank substrate?

Could be 'detritus worms'...  Posting a pic would help.

OK... they look like this... and these are tubifex worms... so... could I have gotten a massive colony of them when I fed my fish some live insect larvae that could have had one of these mixed in with them???????

Attachments

• P7211584.JPG
    P7211584.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 37
I stick to freeze dried worms---yuk

I would much rather have a tubifex infestation over a camallanus infestation any day!!!
(The first pic link was my photo. And the second picture was a goodle image.)
I'm going to vacuum again tomorrow and get a bunch together and see if they act like tubifex...

Sounds like camalannus worms..

When i had a problem the only thing that worked was anti worm flake anglesplus

I don't think those are parasites as parasites usually don't survive long and in huge colonies outside their hosts. I would guess those are dero worms (microfex) which in fact are an excellent fish food. Don't worry be happy :)

Well its nice to hear someone thinking positive! Their colony is definitely in my gravel! And there are probably thousands of them. But I have really cut their numbers down with vacuuming. The only reason I was doubting camallanus was I have no fish with worms coming out... and no fish losing weight or looking bloated, except pregnant guppies...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back