Wooo Hoooo Baby Shrimps!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fatty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I think I have peppermint Shrimp babies in my sump, :hyper: most likely, otherwise it's Cleaner shrimp babies and I think that would be a little too ground breaking!

They range from about 7mm to the smallest about 3mm, the bigger ones have a pinkish tint.

Does this mean some have survived their first molt, or don't they molt until much bigger.

They really shift tho, nearly as quick as a fish :fun:

I wanted to post as very proud dad, will now search and see what I can find out.... :sly:

Cool if they are Peppermint shrimp! :good: Sorry to be a party pooper, but are you sure they arnt mysis? Do a google image search and have a look at some of the pics. Cant wait to see the set-up with some detailed explanations! :good:

Cool if they are Peppermint shrimp! :good: Sorry to be a party pooper, but are you sure they arnt mysis? Do a google image search and have a look at some of the pics. Cant wait to see the set-up with some detailed explanations! :good:

Setups nothing fancy, but if they are peppermint shrimp then that's one use of bio balls!!

Hmmm, yeh, I forgot about mysis shrimp....

Factors for mysis: :(
They look quite similar to the ones on the net, even the red hue.
They are really fast.
The biggest I can see is about 1cm.
They are several different sizes, from 3mm to 7mm.

Factors for Peppermint: :D
Load of them turned up all of a sudden.
Not sure mysis shrimp eggs/larvae can survive in frozen food??
and finally I really want them to be peppermint shrimp!

Damn not sure!!, :S Will wait and see how big they get and take some photos, watch this space!

are you sure they are not cleaner babies? its quite common to get them to breed but the problem comes in getting them through the final moult, where very few people have succeeded. one would have had a luminous green "splodge"on the underside of its body, with these being the eggs.
just a thought

are you sure they are not cleaner babies? its quite common to get them to breed but the problem comes in getting them through the final moult, where very few people have succeeded. one would have had a luminous green "splodge"on the underside of its body, with these being the eggs.
just a thought

Would be cool if it was, My cleaners always have eggs, not sure yet will have to see if they grow any bigger or die.

Anyone know if mysis shrimp eggs can survive being frozen??

Most reactions

Back