Woohoo! Just Bought Me A Second Tank!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sufcdan

Reaction score
Just bought a brand new Tetra Aqua Art 60litre off ebay with the beige cabinet for £45. It doesnt come with filter or heater but i wanted to purchase an external anyway :)

So, its being delivered tomorrow so will have to cycle this tank again :unsure: (hate the whole cycling process)

I have been looking at the EX700 to filter this new 60litre, would that be ok?

Also anyone in the essex/southend area willing to help me out, mature media wise, to help speed/cut out a cycle?

Many Thanks

Dan
:good:

congratulations,, it will soon be a 3rd and 4th :lol:
tetratec are brilliant filters but im not sure of the sizes so ill shut up on that score. mermaidmel lives in essex maybe pm her see if she can help you out, shes ever so nice, she wont bite :)

but again well done on the new tank :)
shelagh xxx

When I started years and years and........ago I didn't know about cycling without fish or any other cycling for that matter. Cycling to me was what you did in the morning to find which pub car park you left the car in the night before :whistle:

Luckily not enough fish died to put me off fish-keeping like so many before me. Anyway by the time I set up my next tank I knew it all (not) and started a fishless cycle. I must be masochistic as I actually enjoyed doing it even though it took a total of 8 weeks :/

Mature media (like a mature man) is extremely helpful but (again, like a matured man) not a miracle doer! :lol:

Try to use the time to set the tank just how you like it and if you move/add or take away things no fish to stress out :good:

If I were 'allowed' a third tank I would be so happy I'd cycle all day long :hyper:

If you already have a tank (I assume so as this is your second tank?) then you could use a squeeze of your filter media already in the mature tank to help clone the new filter, then use the fishless cycle method and you will find that its a lot quicker second time around :)

If you already have a tank (I assume so as this is your second tank?) then you could use a squeeze of your filter media already in the mature tank to help clone the new filter, then use the fishless cycle method and you will find that its a lot quicker second time around :)

My 1st tank is a baby biorb tho. and its only been cycled for 2 weeks. would it still be ok???

Anything is better than nothing! :) You may not get much good bacteria from it, but ever little helps :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back