Wonky Eye

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

xxEMOxLIZZARDxx

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just did a fifty percent water change today and I think something from PetCo infected the tank.
I've attached photos of fish in question.
Gourami might also have ich as I did see a white spot on it but I could not get a photo.
I'll get water numbers this week as I ran out of strips and I'm going to PetCo this week to get more.
I think my strips were expired and I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of water changes this week.

Attachments

• 20230122_155522.jpg
    20230122_155522.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230122_155534.jpg
    20230122_155534.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 17
A lot of water changes won't help. That's already a bacterial infection in the sinus, and I have never had that happen unless the water quality had declined. You've done gig changes already.

Test strips or test kits do not replace regular, routine weekly 25 to 50% water changing.Unfortunately, that fish is indicating more than a test strip or vial ever will.

A lot of people use test strips to decide when to do water changes. I get that if you live where people have allowed agriculture to pollute the water table, and nitrates are high in your tap. That is a conundrum. But if your water is decent, test kits tell you so little about the health of your tank that they can become a negative. Water problems extend far beyond the cycle.

For now, you don't know what type of bacteria is in there, so antibiotics are hard to choose effectively. Lock on to a regular routine, feed carefully, and stay the course. That guy's chances aren't good, but in clean water, he may just lose the eye and carry on.

I hope he/she recovers!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back