Wondering... (Slightly Graphic Image - Viewer Discretion Advised)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Ok so wasn't sure whether to put this in Predators sections or this section. I chose this one since both fish I'm on about are both predators and oddballs...

So I have a very, very aggressive Bumblebee Goby, he's a definite Brachygobius Xanthozona and has recently had a bad turn in attitude. He has been almost the perfect community fish since around about March 2012 so nearly a year and then in the past week or so he's gotten worse and worse. He's taken a chunk out of one of my female Shadow Catfish(Hyalobagrus Flavus) and has now completely eaten a fully grown male guppy. Both of these fish he has been fine with for ages. He was with the Shadow Cats since around about July last year and was fine with them. Obviously male guppies are easy to catch but he's not bothered him for about a month and has been fine. He snacks on baby guppies which I'm fine with, get's bloodworm everyday... He cannot be hungry as he always has a nice round belly. It's like he's possessed by something. I noticed the chunk missing out of my female Shadow Cat at about 3am this morning and because I'd seen the other 2 Shadow Cats bullying her on the 19th Feb I couldn't decide whether it was the Shadow Cats or the BBG. I removed the BBG into my male guppies tank(he was separate to control breeding) and this morning all that was left of my male guppy was his head and little scrap of tail and scales all over the bottom of the tank and the BBG was very fat. This gave me reason to believe that it was the BBG that took the chunk out of my Shadow Catfish. I have evidence of the chunk(not good quality but you can make it out) in a video and I have a picture of what was left of the guppy.
My point for posting was to see if people thought my little bulldog BBG would be OK with a Dwarf Puffer in a 5 gallon tank. The reason I'm asking is because despite this, I don't want to get rid of him. I've had him nearly a year now and he's grown on me. This may seem evil but I'm actually quite glad he took the guppy, which I can probably get thousands of the same colour, rather than the shadow cat, which I've not seen since I got these 3.

Anyway, what was left of the guppy this morning at 9am.
DSCF1549_zps79ed469e.jpg

And 2 short videos of the injured Shadow Catfish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In8Xd5FBqa0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8gN5fniXdA

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back