Wireless On Laptop?

OS = Vista
I have a dell laptop and desktop and both are superb :good:

Easily done. Find this:
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\WisWBSet.exe right click on it and create a shortcut
Move the shortcut to this folder
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

And bobs your uncle it will automatically start everytime you turn it on.

i have created a shortcut to desktop, but i cannot find the second file. I get to users but there is no admin folder. It says:

Dad
fish
Lewis
Public

The name of the Admin account is "Hayley"

Any help? :shout:

Thanks

OS = Vista
I have a dell laptop and desktop and both are superb :good:

Easily done. Find this:
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\WisWBSet.exe right click on it and create a shortcut
Move the shortcut to this folder
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

And bobs your uncle it will automatically start everytime you turn it on.

i have created a shortcut to desktop, but i cannot find the second file. I get to users but there is no admin folder. It says:

Dad
fish
Lewis
Public

The name of the Admin account is "Hayley"

Any help? :shout:

Thanks

Can you not jsut drag drop it into the startup on the start menu, same route path???

andrew

Your fish have a login :S. Two main methods If admin is not displayed then press F8 on bootup until the windows (black and white) menu appears then choose safe mode and admin login should be displayed or just copy the shortcut to all named users folders same as I previously stated (you will have to do this for any more users you ever add) so:

C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
C:\Users\fish\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
C:\Users\Lewis\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can also copy to the area on the start bar but that has mixed results. When I want to stop a program from running from startup e.g. my laptop has all the HP buttons/programs disabled, network sharing, wireless/bluetooth/lan, apple background services, etc I have to go through about 3-4 different areas and change the entries manually. Out of the people I know, I am the only person who knows how to turn them back on, so they are completely disabled no exceptions unless I manually change the values again. By just copying the shortcut into the startup you are telling the computer to run this shortcut but if the base services aren't there then it will not work no matter how much you jump up and down.

If my previous way doesn't work I can write you a quick script that you can place which will turn wireless on but its a bit more complex.

Administrative tools isn't the right place btw its all diagnostic tools for your pc. I am happy it was a lucky guess that that file would exist under that name as I don't have the same wireless adapter as you, I had to have a lucky guess on the name after finding out what the hotkey actually opened on my own laptop then guessing the name from the brand of adapter being used.

i have done it your way Hollanda, it now pops up on startup so it is less annoying! I only have to click ok :D Thanks everyone.

Your fish have a login wacko.gif. Two main methods If admin is not displayed then press F8 on bootup until the windows (black and white) menu appears then choose safe mode and admin login should be displayed or just copy the shortcut to all named users folders same as I previously stated (you will have to do this for any more users you ever add) so:

C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
C:\Users\fish\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
C:\Users\Lewis\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can also copy to the area on the start bar but that has mixed results. When I want to stop a program from running from startup e.g. my laptop has all the HP buttons/programs disabled, network sharing, wireless/bluetooth/lan, apple background services, etc I have to go through about 3-4 different areas and change the entries manually. Out of the people I know, I am the only person who knows how to turn them back on, so they are completely disabled unless I manually change the values again. By just copying the shortcut into the startup you are telling the computer to run this shortcut but if the base services aren't there then it will not work no matter how much you jump up and down.

If my previous way doesn't work I can write you a quick script that you can place which will turn wireless on but its a bit more complex.

apparently! lol. I dont even use this laptop so it isnt my folder ???? If my sister still isnt happy then i shall go through your process saltynay. I feel bad letting you type all that and not suing it :blush: sorry.

Could you not have logged on with admin rights, open up msconfig and added the process dealing with the wireless card to the start-up services list?

Anyhow, its fixed now, no need to keep suggesting ways to get it to work...

All the best
Rabbut

Could you not have logged on with admin rights, open up msconfig and added the process dealing with the wireless card to the start-up services list?

Anyhow, its fixed now, no need to keep suggesting ways to get it to work...

All the best
Rabbut

That would of been my next suggestion to actually write the command into notebook then save the command and set it as a msconfig autorun

Most reactions

Back