Wireless On Laptop?

aaronnorth

www.ukaps.org
Reaction score
Hi,
Everytime i log onto the laptop i have to press 'Fn, F1' in order to turn the wireless on. Is there anyway to have it come on automatically?
There is no switches on the laptop like most of the others :rolleyes:

This is the message that pops up after pressing Fn, F1

thanks

Untitled-16.jpg

What make and model laptop is it? If you add the make in the post name, you may draw in more people familiar with that brands wireless card settings :good:

What make and model laptop is it? If you add the make in the post name, you may draw in more people familiar with that brands wireless card settings :good:

My girlfriend has do to that too, its really annoying lol.

I haven't found a way around it but there will be. Like installing different driveres for the Wireless card might do it.

Good luck

Its a fjuitsu siemens amilo Li2727

Li2727_2_01.jpg

thanks for the info hollanda, it is annoying but i am not bothered about sorting it, i thought i might just be something such as changing a few settings on control panel.
It's my sisters anyway so whe will have to live with it lol.

Easily done. Find this:
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\WisWBSet.exe right click on it and create a shortcut
Move the shortcut to this folder
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

And bobs your uncle it will automatically start everytime you turn it on.

Easily done. Find this:
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\WisWBSet.exe right click on it and create a shortcut

excellent, i'll let you know if it works :)

When you use fn F1, is the driver already running at that point and it simply switches the card on via software, or do you do that the start the driver with that short cut? If the latter, you may need to edit your start-up services settings. What Operating system are you using?

All the best
Rabbut

Easily done. Find this:

Didn't think of that, wont you still have to click to turn it on though, or not?

andrew

Easily done. Find this:

Didn't think of that, wont you still have to click to turn it on though, or not?

andrew

No as that command basically tells it to run that shortcut at startup so it will add xmilliseconds to boot time but get your wireless instantly and to turn it off you can do it via the normal means of F1 + Fn

Mine seems to remember what it was when i turn it off....

I use web and walk so i dont need it on but i use normal broardband when im at my mums.

Your wireless adapter is probably always on jdubz although its not directly a bad thing it does run down battery quicker...

Dell laptops are not bad they are actually made by asus... there desktops are a bit iffy is all :)

Nout wrong with Dell laptops at all mate and their service is first class as far as I am concerned!

I actually went for a Vostro 1400 which is a business laptop (before they changed the design) and it meant I could downgrade to XP from Vista, not that I had a big problem with Vista mind you! But it is full centrino chipset unfortunately it has the doomed geforce 8400 chipset but unlike many other manufacturers at least Dell have fully acknowledged the problem and extended the warranty for the graphics side of things. Hope mine doesn't die as I suspect I will get a crappy integrated card with the replacement though :angry:

But yeah I am really happy with it and the little wifi switch means no stupid key combos :p (It also works when laptop is off and searches for available wifi network :p :p )

Most reactions

Back