Will Soon Be Buying Otos And Have Some Questions.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Eines

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting some otos for months now, and now that my new aquarium is fully established, I'm finally going to get some. Here is some info on my aquarium. If anyone thinks it is not suited for otos, please tell me what I need to change! My aquarium is 30 gallons, 7ph, suprisingly soft, and 27 C. It also has a fairly strong current, but I haven't heard anyone mention this as a problem with otos. The gravel is medium sized and a mixture or brown and white. I've never owned any catfish or bottom dwellers before, so never had any driftwood in my aquarium. I don't know whether otos need driftwood, but since it is often stated that they like it, I bought some Monapi wood. Their only tankmates will be swordtails. :p

As for food, the aquarium is full of algae and I bought some feeding tablets. I often feed my swordtails lettuce and frozen peas which I put in boiling water for 10-15 minutes to prepare them, so I'm going to try and sink them for the otos. Is there anything else I could feed them? I've heard that zucchinni is popular, so I might try that at some point. How often should I feed them? And has anyone ever successfully fed them frozen algae? I have tons of the stuff which none of my fish will eat. :/

I have one Oto that loves shrimp pellets...Go figure!!! It sounds like you have all the bases covered. Otos have a reputation for being sensitive, and hard to keep alive. Acclimate SLOWLY...and Good luck!!! :fun:

I'll remember that. Thanks. Hopefully by Monday I'll be able to post some pics of my new fishies! :hyper:

Did you manage to get the Oto's, how're they doing? If you've not tried it yet our's love cucumber!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back