Will Male Dwarf Gouramis Fight?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bettatamer

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
It's mainly all in the title, I am wondering if male dwarf gouramis will fight. There will be no females in the tank for them to compete for if they will do that.

What size is the tank?

It depends on how much room and hiding spaces they have but they will most likely fight. :/

my tank is a 29 gallon i had 2 dwarf gouramis (males) they were the best of friends they were always together with my experience they wont fight but also that might depend on how many galllons the tank is

buggythemolly2 said:
my tank is a 29 gallon i had 2 dwarf gouramis (males) they were the best of friends they were always together with my experience they wont fight but also that might depend on how many galllons the tank is
great! I have a 29 gallon myself, I have 2 caves, a bonsai tree and some rocks along with various live plants. do you think it can work?

+1 for Buggythemolly2, I've had two pairs in two tanks, bit of occasional chasing, but they never battled with each other, no fin or scale damage, But I now refuse to buy any more as they have all succumb to Dwarf Gourami Disease (if you go ahead with getting them, get them at the same time at the same pet store "tank mates" and ensure they are of equal size or as close as you can this is the advice I was given and for me It worked) :) 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back