S sic0198 Fish Herder Joined Aug 17, 2006 Messages 1,062 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Dec 3, 2008 #1 Will female bettas eat my cherry shrimp? I have a 29 gallon and I wanna get a new heater, one rated for a bigger tank, what watt would I need to get?
Will female bettas eat my cherry shrimp? I have a 29 gallon and I wanna get a new heater, one rated for a bigger tank, what watt would I need to get?
Tokis-Phoenix ^_^ Joined Mar 17, 2005 Messages 9,869 Reaction score 1 Points 0 Location Southampton Dec 3, 2008 #2 Don't know about the female ones, but i have seen male betta's eat small shrimp, so personally i would be a bit apprehensive about mixing them together if the cherry shrimp are still quite small.
Don't know about the female ones, but i have seen male betta's eat small shrimp, so personally i would be a bit apprehensive about mixing them together if the cherry shrimp are still quite small.
M minxfishy Fish Maniac Joined May 1, 2008 Messages 8,492 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Dec 3, 2008 #3 If they can fit them in their mouths, they will eat them, especially the babies. Whats the theater question? Chicago, Evita, Les Mis
If they can fit them in their mouths, they will eat them, especially the babies. Whats the theater question? Chicago, Evita, Les Mis
smegforbrains Fish Addict Joined Oct 5, 2008 Messages 962 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Ashford, Kent, UK Dec 3, 2008 #4 minxfishy said: Whats the theater question? Chicago, Evita, Les Mis Click to expand... Miss Saigon? Fame? West Side Story? Phantom?
minxfishy said: Whats the theater question? Chicago, Evita, Les Mis Click to expand... Miss Saigon? Fame? West Side Story? Phantom?
S sic0198 Fish Herder Joined Aug 17, 2006 Messages 1,062 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Dec 3, 2008 #5 I meant heater.
M minxfishy Fish Maniac Joined May 1, 2008 Messages 8,492 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Dec 4, 2008 #6 ^^^ Aye we know For a 30g tank I would say if you want to go higher than needed, 200W.
OldMan47 Livebearer fanatic Retired Moderator ⚒️ Joined Jan 14, 2008 Messages 16,890 Reaction score 29 Points 0 Location Forsyth, Illinois, USA Dec 4, 2008 #7 I run a 100W on my 29. It is small but can handle it with my room temperatures. You would probably be safer with a 150W.
I run a 100W on my 29. It is small but can handle it with my room temperatures. You would probably be safer with a 150W.
MermaidMel Official Forum Weirdo Detective Joined Jul 14, 2007 Messages 3,972 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Dec 4, 2008 #8 My female bettas ate 20 shrimp in 48hrs. Don't recommend it AT ALL.