Will Corydoras Eat Cherry Shrimp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricka

Reaction score
can I introduce cherry shrimps to my aquarium or they'll become cory food?
how about mountain shrimp?

thanks.

I have a healthy poulation of cherry shrimp in with my Peppered Cory's and there dosen't seem to be any problems. When I have seen the Peppereds get too close to the shrimp the shrimp are very quick to shoot backwards away from the cory's. Mind you this is a 4ft tank with heaps of high growing feathery weed with timber and hollow rocks, so plenty of places for the shrimp to hide. They may not do so well in a smaller tank with less plant life. But as a general rule cory's are the most inoffensive fish you could own.
I actually think the Cherry shrimp have more to fear from filters than cory's, provided there is plenty of space for both species.

I haven't had any problem with my corys eating the shrimp either. I wouldn't be surprised to find they eat the tiny ones though.

I haven't had any problem with my corys eating the shrimp either. I wouldn't be surprised to find they eat the tiny ones though.

yeah exactly my point... my cories are still babies around hum... 2cm or so but they'll grow and then bye bye cherry shrimp. it's my theory but I wanted to see if others who own larger cories also have cherry shrimps in their aquarium.

Old post is alive !!!

Just as a record, my main cory tank (about 30+ corys) "Had" 3 shrimp in (about 50mm long).
Now there are only 2 :D

how would a cory eat a shrimp
sad2.gif

Please don't resurrect ancient threads. It is over 2 years since the OP was last active on the forum - I think the chances are that they don't really care any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back