Will All Varietys Of Cory Live Together Happily?

pricey

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Points
0
:unsure: Hello guys. Bought my second and third corys today. one was a bronze cory and the other was a peppered cory and i already have an elegant cory and i gott say i realy like em!!! But i was just wondering, will all varietys of cory get on or do they prefer to stay n a group of their own variety if you get what i mean??????? :blink:
 
yep cories of different sorts will all hang out together.
 
As far as I've seen, it's generally recommended to keep an adequate number of the same species to form a school vs. mixing varieties. Personally I've found that they prefer to stick with their own species (even if only means two hanging out together), vs. schooling with others.
 
I have 3 different kinds of Cories in my tank and they all seem to be happy. *shrugs*

There are four, two of which are albino and the only time they really seemed to care that they were the same species was when they decided to get it on several days ago. :hey:
 
Just recently got myself 6 cory's, 3 peppered and 3 albino. The peppers seem to stick to the bottom of the tank foraging around as cories do, the 3 albinos are the funniest little things, zooming around the tank together, racing each other backwards, forwards, up and down, they take no notice of the 3 peppered at all!
 
Just recently got myself 6 cory's, 3 peppered and 3 albino. The peppers seem to stick to the bottom of the tank foraging around as cories do, the 3 albinos are the funniest little things, zooming around the tank together, racing each other backwards, forwards, up and down, they take no notice of the 3 peppered at all!


I also have a mix in my tank......10 in all....bronze, peppered and albino....and have to agree...the albino's are right little characters....they all get on fine!
 
Ideally 3+ of each species - but yes all cories seem to get along with each other. Occasionally I have mixed shoals in my 180gal.
 
Hi, I have 2 varieties together, and although they are fine with each other they don't swim or sleep together. I will be getting a couple more of each to make them feel more like a schoal.
 
i think they are happier in groups of their own kind. we have 10 pandas in one tank and 6 bronze and 2 peppered in another. definatly going to get 4 more peppered when the lfs gets them in to bring the group up tp 6.

here's a pic of the pandas hanging out together

pandacorysmarch08002.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top