Will ADFs eat Freeze dried bloodworms, and/or

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Dwarfs

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I want to know if they go to the top to get bloodworms, or if I should just give them the pellets :) I have four, finally, I thank petco :)

I find it depends, but mostly the ADFs will go to the surface to grab food. I used to think not, but I have seen otherwise.

I occassionally feed my ADFs freezedried tubifex worms (in thos little cubes) in a clean glass baby food jar, turned on it's side at the bottom of the tank. After a while of the frogs going at the cube, they often knock it out of the jar and the remaining food floats. My frogs have no trouble going to the surface to eat the food. I am not sure if they would go up for it if I just plopped the food at the surface though. Probably, my guys are out within a minute of my putting the food in the tank. They also enjoy shrimp pellets that I feed no and again.

\Dan

I fed my pair some freeze-dried Tubifex worms earlier with a stick. Just take the cube, or cut it in half and stick half in the water, let it soak a minute to get soggy then stick it in front of them. They'll literally attack it and chew it done. It's interesting to see.

I feed mine with bloodworms that have been frozen in the cube size packs...I defrost mine in a net over a jar and then place them at the bottom of the tank..Always in the same area.......Mine also have the white worms, black worms and tubifex......all of these I buy frozen and just defrost when needed. I some times give them the food tablets that you stick on the side of the tank..But I place one on the bottom of the tank..These are only put in every now and again for a treat. Your frogs may not like them...

I watch mine at every feeding time to make sure they are eating..As there are a few fish in with them at the moment.... I have added a sucking loach to keep the tank a bit cleaner.

If in doubt ask where you got the frogs from...they should supply a varied amount of different frozen foods.

Wardley's freeze-dried tubiflex worms and a turkey baster. :p

Does anyone feed theirs thawed frozen peas (skinned)? :dunno:

Most reactions

Back