Will A Couple Of Adf's Be Ok In This Environment?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ny2oz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 12 gallon tank, made for my 1 male betta. Here is a pic below. I plan on adding a couple of hiding spots and more plants in a few days, but just wondering if my tank, which is 18" high and has gravel for a substrate, is ok for the frongs? I hear this MAY be too tall? If so, I will probably leave the betta alone for now.
IMG_1265.jpg

As far as the betta tank mate - the ADFs will be fine. Bettas have proven to be very nice tank mates for ADFs. However, If you could lower the water height by about 4 inches or so...just until you see that the ADFs are having no trouble with that distance, and slowly adding more water with the weekly water changes to see how the ADFs adapt to swimming higher. If you notice the ADFs having trouble then you may wanter to drop the water level down again. They do best at heights no more than 16 inches...but I have seen ADFs live happy lives in two-foot tall tanks that the owners slowly raised the water level to acclimate the frogs to the longer climb.
hope this helps !

Yes, they would probably be fine. Though watch how the betta interacts to them, and make sure he is not hurting them or anything bad.

Most reactions

Back