Wildfires… our area is being evacuated

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My small town is in the fire path. The road leading up to the mountains has 5 other towns before just forest. 3 have been evacuated and the next one (the only one between us and the fire) is on standby, probably evacuated by the end of the day. Police are telling people to pack up their livestock and be ready to go at a moments notice.
Clear vegetation around your property (mow lawns and get rid of dead plant matter).

Have sprinklers running before the fire hits and water the roof. Put something in the gutters to stop water draining out and fill the roof gutters with water.

If you plan on staying, stay. If you plan on leaving, do it early. Most people that die in bush fires die because they try to make a break for it at the last minute. It doesn't go well. Either bunker down or get out early.

For anyone not familiar with bush fires (wild fires), they are not very nice things to be in so try to avoid them at all costs. The sky turns black. The air fills with smoke. You can see the red & yellow flames. When it gets closer the heat is horrendous and you can get fire storms and twisters made from fire that will kill you in seconds. There's also the noise. And the aftermath is just as awful especially if you have to euthanise burnt animals.

Our town is officially on alert (although I’m technically in level 1 alert town we are closer to the level 2 alert town, just like half a mile from the town border)

Our town is officially on alert (although I’m technically in level 1 alert town we are closer to the level 2 alert town, just like half a mile from the town border)
Hopefully the fire gets contained and never reaches your town or any further, period.
can't remember
Makes sense... Don't expect anyone to remember when exactly I joined 😅

Look at the ash that fell on the car, just while being parked at the store for a few minutes
48654091-6570-4782-96D2-B402EE5BB61A.jpeg
7B55D807-B6BD-44E3-A83D-FA1F8466500F.jpeg
41709CEA-2430-4F33-976B-D52FBF7DB20A.jpeg
8C1719C5-9FA8-4548-900F-9B6FC7E7228D.jpeg
C4811409-E5F5-4AAA-87EE-4013C0C2A2A0.jpeg
ACF05634-910A-4AFB-8D46-0E14DE04E89E.jpeg

some of those pictures were from friends who are closer to it
Ohhhh ok. Making their way over to you I suppose right?
I got worried that it was already AT your town... I was like: "Whoa, that escalated quickly"

The barn I was working at asked me to help evacuate the horses. Our family is packing bags in case it reaches us. Our friends are bringing their goats, chickens, dogs, cats and lizards to us. They will be staying with us until/if we have to leave here. Thank goodness for a large house

The barn I was working at asked me to help evacuate the horses. Our family is packing bags in case it reaches us. Our friends are bringing their goats, chickens, dogs, cats and lizards to us. They will be staying with us until/if we have to leave here. Thank goodness for a large house
Sorry to ask this but what about your medical issues? Doesn't that limit what you can do as far as evacuating the animals?
I understand you want to help but please don't push yourself too hard

Most reactions

trending

Back