WILD?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ryan

Spinning around
Reaction score
i went to my lfs the other day for some angels after making up my mind to get them, but i was meet by another dilema, wild coloured angels or breed coloured angels.

should i get the angels coloured as they are in the wild or the breed varities, are there any diffrences other than colour.

I'd say they would have different temperaments and immunities to foulups (on the caretaker's part). Also, they might have a hifher chance of introducing diseases into the tank.

These are educated (others may not think so...) guesses on my part. I say stick w/ what the others say unless they corroborate what I said.

Wild Angels are actually quite rare, over here anyway! This is due to massive breeding farms in the far east producing thousands upon thousands of fish each year. Its just more economical than importing wild-caught. Be wary of Angels labelled as 'Altums' a lot of these are just the wild Scalare angels that look a little different to the captive bred Scalare. The asking price is usually very high with altums. Alyums may have pronounced blood red spots on their flanks and have a 'stepped' or 'saddled' nose. They are also referred to as the 'deep bodied angelfish'.
I would go with domestic bred as they are more likely to adapt to your tap water, and I would take it for granted that wild fish would almost always have parasites.

I have gold and blushing marbled types, but I think if I were getting them again, I would go with the more natural silver striped varities.

Ken

Just looked at your tank specs, which one are the angels bound for?
I would have reservations in either, the main suspects being the Kissing Gourami and the two other gouramis in the other tank, I would keep gourami's seperate.
Just my opinion of course..

Ken

Ken_g_w said:
Just looked at your tank specs, which one are the angels bound for?
I would have reservations in either, the main suspects being the Kissing Gourami and the two other gouramis in the other tank, I would keep gourami's seperate.
Just my opinion of course..

Ken
i understand what your saying. i am planning in putting them in the 50g with the kisser, he is very small so i hope they settle down together and get along fine, he wasn't any bother to two angels i had in there before who were killed by two mental pictus cats who wanted to eat anything (got rid of them thankfully). i figure that if he causes them any problems i will move him into the tank with the other gouramis because that tank may be increased to a bigger one in a year or two.

Hi Ryan,
The problem isnt so much the size, for now anyway, its just that kissers can develop a taste for the angels sides, could end up in tears...

Ken

Most reactions

Back