Wild betta care help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Betta macrostoma, Betta albimarginata, Betta unimaculata. There are a lot more. What are you looking for specifically?

I really like the look of the unimaculatas, would they look best with black gravel too? Are their care requirements similar?

I really like the look of the unimaculatas, would they look best with black gravel too? Are their care requirements similar?
Every Betta species will show their best coloration in a black substrate. What do you mean by "care requirements similar?" Similar to what?

If you look them up on seriously fish that will tell you their care requirements.

I’ve decided against any of the mouthbrooding species but what about alien bettas? They are very beautiful. I know they aren’t truly wild but they still look unique enough for me. I couldn’t really find any care on aliens online but I’m pretty sure they are species for more of a hard water species

I’ve decided against any of the mouthbrooding species but what about alien bettas? They are very beautiful. I know they aren’t truly wild but they still look unique enough for me. I couldn’t really find any care on aliens online but I’m pretty sure they are species for more of a hard water species
Same care requirements as domesticated Bettas.

I heard distilled water is the same as RO water, is that true? I know that’s expensive but so is an RO system. Why would it be hard to feed them? I’ve done feedings on super shy and picky dwarf cichlids in forties.
I would use RO water, that is what I use. It is usually cheaper and still has mineral content that aquariums need for healthy fish.

LFS usually sells them for around 45-50 cents per bucket/jug.

I decided I can put the betta in a 10 gallon I have instead of the forty even though I’ve kept a betta in that same forty. He was my half moon king betta named Kai he died after my internal filter broke (I think it started electrocuting fish) I will have to go to my lfs to get some ro water when this whole lockdown is over. Do I have to do anything to the RO water or would it be good as it is.

Alien Bettas are hybrids so their care requirements are still that of other Bettas. If you're still thinking about Bettas for the 40 gallon then there are bigger Bettas like Betta Bellica which can grown up to 10 cm.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back