Wierd Find On My Filter And Heater?

i3lade4life

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I have just been away for a few days and come home to check my tanks, I have noticed that on my heater and int filter there is a dried red smearing on them. Could anyone tell me what this is? Is it possible that its some kind of unfertilised eggs?

Thanks in advance
 
I have just been away for a few days and come home to check my tanks, I have noticed that on my heater and int filter there is a dried red smearing on them. Could anyone tell me what this is? Is it possible that its some kind of unfertilised eggs?

Thanks in advance

I had the same thing on my filter too...weird. :blink:

Thinking nothing of it, I just wiped it off.

-FHM
 
Only thing I can think of is red algae.
 
Just looked into the red algae and none of the pics that Ive found match whats going of in my tank. I can only describe it as a dark red thin layer approx 10cm in length that has dried on hard.
 
Feed any red foods.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top