Whyyyy?

Honeythorn

Sugar coating and nicely nicely? I don't think so
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Stourbridge UK
My father was buggering about up in the loft the other day, and he shouted down that he'd found " a bag O' yorr fish crap ". Nice, thanks dad.The bag contained an air pump and airstone that didn't work ( diaphragm was kaput ) so I chucked it and kept the airstone and tubing. Also in there was my little old Fluval 1 filter! with new media in it. Yet again I have no recollection of putting it in the loft, which leads me to think mother had a hand in it.

BUT. Butbutbut...I have now just plonked it in my 30 gallon......and I don't know why. There's an Eheim 2215 external running on the tank so it doesn't need any more filtering ( not that a Fluval 1 could make much difference ) .....so WHY have I done it? I am stumped. But I have an urge to leave it in there. What is the fishkeeping part of my brain trying to say? Because despite the fact I have no more plug sockets or extensions for another tank however small , I am going to leave it running there indefinitely because you just never know!

Someone please tell me I'm not going barmy and that some of you have also done this or similar? :blush:
 
weeeelll. you never know when it may come in handy :lol:

**** thinks maybe you are infact going barmy,cos i happen to know you would know exactly what to do in an emergency, without keeping this xtra filter running :)
shame really cos you look so young too.

keep it in there, you know you want to :)
shelagh xxxx
 
Oh god, well there we go then. Mad as a hatter , and I have a top hat as well! :lol: I'm only 25 and reality has come crashing down around me! *slurps tea*
 
Well, maybe it's the feeling what your doing is never good enough. Like after my cory cat died when the heater went kaboom (wasn't my fault, need to sue the company!) I made filters myself so much for the tank, that when I restocked, the fish got bubbles under their skin and I had to turn a couple off!
 
How about rationalizing it like this: You're preparing for the day you do have room for another tank. Then you'll have an entire filter full of mature media for use in the new tank! It's always good to be prepared. :)
 
Oh god, well there we go then. Mad as a hatter , and I have a top hat as well! :lol: I'm only 25 and reality has come crashing down around me! *slurps tea*

I'm also 25, and it's a good time to realize you're batty. Still young enough to enjoy a good episode and still have most people write it off as youthful exuberance.
 
:lol: Keep it in there, you KNOW you can fit another tank in there somewhere - there is always room for just one little one more :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top