WHY?????????

I am very happy with my Coralife Freshwater Power Compact light, it has a 6700k bulb in it, and is very very bright compared to the 30 watt that I had before.... Mine is a 36 inch 96 watt light, and cost me just a little less than $90.
Do a search on Ebay... lots of power compact aquarium lights on there.

If you're a DIY type then I recommend trying out www.ahsupply.com. Their stuff is great and usually cheaper.

I just upgraded my eclipse 6 gallon from 8 watt to 13 watt!!! Woohoo!

You might also check out http://www.drsfostersmith.com, they have pretty good deals on lights.

Goodluck, but you definitly need more light.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with either of these companies.

I looked at going the www.ahsupply.com retrofit route, and to tell the truth it would have been more expensive for me. The 36 inch kit was $60, and the bulb was $33 through them plus shipping of course. For my Coralife Freshwater Aqualight I paid $83 plus $9 shipping, and didn't have to do the work of switching it over. Not to mention the very sleek and stylish housing the light is in.

I think when you get into the dual bulb hoods though AHsupply.com would be a good choice.

I agree, they can be more expensive sometimes. I guess it was just such a good deal for me, doing my eclipse hood that I had to modify that I was very happy with them.

I also recently bought a 48" coralife aqualight for my 55 gallon that I'll be setting up in a week.

Most reactions

Back