Why People Should Not Be Scared Of All Pitbulls.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I have to agree with those that say the breed of a dog is largely irrelevant if they're trained in the right way.

I do sway towards the larger breeds myself though, just because I think there's something more special about getting such a hefty dog to be so careful and well-mannered around people. Small dogs jump up and sit on laps and often yap and when they play they bump into things. With a big dog, they can't behave like that (unless you want your house wrecked or to be knocked flat every few minutes) so it takes a bit more respect on the dog's part to be such a good pet.
My pup was disproportionately small for a long time as a youngster so she was allowed to get away with 'small dog' things, like jumping up and sitting in laps, but now she weighs 14kg and is a hell of a lot stronger I'm having to change all that!

I wouldn't fully trust any dog around children, I think all dogs should be supervised around children (or rather children should be supervised around dogs!!!) as you just don't know what the child might do. Sometimes something really subtle can set an insecure dog off, or sometimes a dog might just be being friendly, but might not realise it's own strength.

On a sidenote: some of the nicest dogs I've met were rottweilers and supposedly 'snappy' sheepdogs.
But some of the scariest have been fully grown English Mastiffs with no manners and no boundaries!

we hat a rottwiellers cros dobey.....sunk his teeth into my mums arm why? we dont know, but still we had him for like5 years before he just randomly did this....yet my sisters english bull humps a tire and wouldnt hurt a fly?? i mean wth? you cant say a dogs breed depends on how they act, its down to the dog, same as humans, you going to say its breeds with humans that make murderers?? cos it dont, its just down to personality, any animal/human can snap no matter how soft, its nature i belive :)

Most reactions

Back