Why is my Dwarf Gourami chasing my Columbian tetra??

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mollies and guppies are also hard water. Corydoras would work in a larger tank but not in a 10

Oh, really? I have a friend who told me corydoras are good in a 10 gallon, and even a 5 gallon

Pygmy corydoras can go in a 10 gallon .not a 5 though. And not with an aggressive fish

I have Pygmy, bronze and albino corys. Would thoroughly recommend, not for a 10 tho much more active than you think

There are "aquarists"--obviously too many of them--who do not bother about the inherent needs of a fish species, whether through ignorance or not caring or simply taking it for granted that they (the aquarist) can do whatever they please once they acquire the fish because it is theirs. And the fish is/are subjected to what really are intolerable conditions. The fact that the fish lives through these conditions signals to such "aquarists" that they are "fine," "happy," and similar. Ignorance I guess really is bliss. The fish are not fine or happy or healthy. Surviving is not the same as thriving. When one learns how fish function physiologically in their aquatic environment, one begins to see that the fish like most animals will struggle to survive no matter what we force upon them, but they will never be healthy or long-lived as a result. Inhumane treatment of fish is not different than inhumane treatment of other animals.

Ya, I totally get it, I love that you advocate for fish happiness and not just survival <3
I'm glad you get it haha. There are so many people who dont

Most reactions

Back