Whoops - 1st Mistake

Tropical_Fish

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Staffordshire
I was cleaning the gravel last night, and switched the heater off - just came to feed them tonight and I thought I'd move the plastic bush in the tank, and though oops that's cold! I'd forgotten to plug the heater back in - it had dropped to 21 degrees C.

All the fish look fine and the 5 week old fry look fine but the 1 week old fry have vanished! Would the colder water kill off 1 week old fry? There were 7 of them but now I can't find any. Not sure if they have been eaten or they could have gone up into the filter?
 
I was cleaning the gravel last night, and switched the heater off - just came to feed them tonight and I thought I'd move the plastic bush in the tank, and though oops that's cold! I'd forgotten to plug the heater back in - it had dropped to 21 degrees C.

All the fish look fine and the 5 week old fry look fine but the 1 week old fry have vanished! Would the colder water kill off 1 week old fry? There were 7 of them but now I can't find any. Not sure if they have been eaten or they could have gone up into the filter?
What kind of fish?

Any drastic, fast drop in temp will stress the fish out!

-FHM
 
What kind of fish?

Any drastic, fast drop in temp will stress the fish out!

-FHM

Fish are in my sig but it's guppies and plattys


its likely the one week old ones were eaten

Fingers crossed - that's what I'd hope would happen! But the fish just haven't seemed interested in them.

dont worry mate, i do it all the time, no harm done

Glad I'm not the only one! Fish all seem fine and temp has got back up now - it was only a few degrees so probably not too bad (I could really feel the difference though!)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top