Who Here Keeps Freshwater Rays?

heymickey94

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi. I am new to this forum. How many of you haves rays as pets? They are such amazing creatures! They are also filled with personality. Tell me about your rays, tanks, filtration, etc. and don't forget the pictures! Thank you

i have a motoro pair
tank is 84x32x24" and filtered by 2 eheim pro 3s and 2 eheim 2252s
lets see pics or a vid of your set up :good:
click

Sorry I haven't been home. I have just found out that I am allergic to the frozen bloodworms that I have been feeding my rays! I don't have any pictures currently because I don't have a camera, but I won a camera phone on ebay and when it comes it I will have pictures.

thats wierd that you are allergic to the frozen bloodworm? how did you figure it out? :crazy:

thats wierd that you are allergic to the frozen bloodworm? how did you figure it out? :crazy:

Well what happened was the skin started peeling all off of my finger tips, where I touched the frozen cube. It was to a point where my fingers where bleeding. So now I am on medicine. I found out because on the back of the box it says that this product is made of natural products and some people may be allergic. Now I have to have somebody else feed the stingrays (with me watching to make sure they do it correctly of course). I have 3 hystrix stingrays 2 males and 1 female. Between the 3 of them I have been feeding them 4 bloodworm cubes all at different times. I will now be feeding something else. My options are black worms, nightcrawlers, shrimp from the grocery store, ghost shrimp or any other frozen food. What do you guys recommend that I feed?

My docter wants me to have someone else feed them for a few days, to make sure that it was definanetly the bloodworms, then I will return to feeding them using gloves. I am currently looking for tongs. But I also want to give them a varied diet. What do you guys recommend?

i had a reaction to them too.i was handfeeding my puffers and bam.only mine wasnt as bad as yours.my hand just broke out in these little white blisters all over.

i had a reaction to them too.i was handfeeding my puffers and bam.only mine wasnt as bad as yours.my hand just broke out in these little white blisters all over.

The weird thing is I didn't even hand feed them. I just pop them out of the package, dilute them in a cup of hot water and stir them. I touced them for about 3 seconds each feeding.

i have a motoro pair
tank is 84x32x24" and filtered by 2 eheim pro 3s and 2 eheim 2252s

:drool: I love your arowana and clown knife!!!! Man I NEED a tank that big. I don't just want it, I think I need it to survive... gasp.... not sure how long I can last....

The weird thing is I didn't even hand feed them. I just pop them out of the package, dilute them in a cup of hot water and stir them. I touced them for about 3 seconds each feeding.

i still touch them and everything.i handle the cubes for sometimes a minute+.but it doesnt do it to me.one of these days im gunna try handfeeding again and see if the same thing happens to me.ill need baking soda on hand though.

Most reactions

Back