Who Am I?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

loraxchick

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
So folks I think this is in the correct section (and as a mod excuse me if it's not:)...
I teach Biology at a night school program in my area and the daytime teacher has recently set up a nice (estimated) 40 gal tank. There is a fish that I do not recognize and has caught my interest. It is in a basic tropical community set-up (mollies, platies and an otto or 2) so this fella stands right out. Can anyone tell me what species this is?? I have spent quite some time observing and like the behavior of this fish (will get some myself if my tank conditions are adequate). Any and all IDs/recomendations considered :good:
Here is a pic taken on a phone...sorry if the image is so large.

IMG_20110205_153444.jpg

cheers!!

So folks I think this is in the correct section (and as a mod excuse me if it's not:)...
I teach Biology at a night school program in my area and the daytime teacher has recently set up a nice (estimated) 40 gal tank. There is a fish that I do not recognize and has caught my interest. It is in a basic tropical community set-up (mollies, platies and an otto or 2) so this fella stands right out. Can anyone tell me what species this is?? I have spent quite some time observing and like the behavior of this fish (will get some myself if my tank conditions are adequate). Any and all IDs/recomendations considered :good:
Here is a pic taken on a phone...sorry if the image is so large.

cheers!!
Thats a Gold Barb/Puntius sachsii

100% confirmed...EXCELLENT!!! Thanks guys...
I really like the character of them...might plan a tank around them..not so common in my area and have only seen 2 around here, granted both small (<1") but looked identical.
thanks a lot.
can i keep them and pencil fish? (another of my recent fav fish).
cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back