White Webs After Waterchange

I saw this in TFK magazine. It's thought to be a type of slime mould (Myxomycetes). They aren't thought to be harmful but it's best to just suck it up in the gravel vac when doing a water change.

I think it's quite beautiful actually.
 
I saw this in TFK magazine. It's thought to be a type of slime mould (Myxomycetes). They aren't thought to be harmful but it's best to just suck it up in the gravel vac when doing a water change.

I think it's quite beautiful actually.

Oh yeah, slime molds are protozoans, I'm amazed didn't think of that. They actually are able to move around, and sometimes "crawl" across mulch piles and moist lawns.
 
Some of the terrestrial ones look like something out of War of the Worlds. Quite freaky yet also strangely fascinating. I'd name it Adrian or something, but I'm weird like that :P
 

Most reactions

Back
Top