White Webs After Waterchange

Dorkhedeos

Boss Major
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
2,896
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
San Francisco/San Jose, CA
Dunno what it is, but its starting to get me pissed off. Everytime I do a water change, I always get a white web all around my tank. It goes away after a few hours, but even then it still gets me pissed because I cant enjoy the super clean water :lol: Anybody have any idea what this is? It seems to happen everytime I top off with cold water straight from the tap. Goes from 78 degrees to about 73. None of my fish seem to mind the web or the temperature though.

Picture002.jpg
 
I'm guessing it's some sort of ghost or spider that appears after a rapid temperature change. :hyper: Good luck with the underwater exorcism.
:good:



That's the creepiest thing I've ever seen! I'm half tempted to set that as my desktop pattern.




BobRoss
 
I had something that looked like that, but nowhere near that extensive. Turned out to be some sort of water mold that came in on some driftwood. Removing the driftwood cleared it up after a week or so, and after boiling and drying the wood, it didn't come back.

Have you noticed how it appears after a water change? Maybe it's always there, but something makes it visible, like bubbles clinging to it.
 
Well, I soaked the driftwood in boiling water for about an hour so it must be some superbred organism to survive that. Usually after a water change, i just started getting white webs just clinging onto anything they can get a hold of. Once I add the cold water, i start to see clear strands forming and they eventually turn white. Bubbles dont stick on to it. They usually disappear after about 2-3 hours, but I still want to know what it is :lol:
 
i have never seen anything like that! all I am thinking is spiders! ah
 
That is bizarre (i don't know if I spelled that right) Make sure to let us know if you figure out for sure! Can you take it out of the water? Like what happens if you try to touch it?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top