White spots on my plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

madmark285

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This is my sister's plant, she has a 5 gallon tank. I don't have any water parameter, she does not have a test kit. This is an old tank , it has been running for 10 years plus. She had some fish die of old age. The last remaining fish was quite lonely so she bought 3 gold white clouds, 3 red endlers and 2 Assassin snails to solve her snail infestation problem.

Now she getting white spots on her plants shown below.

4571.jpeg

4572.jpeg

Any ideas?

Mark

It looks like some sort of debris that settled on the leaves... is it easy to remove?

some sort of buildup, ive seen this kind of stuff when i went to home depot to get some river rocks
dust?
snails poop?

My thought is that it’s some sort of junk, that just settled on the leaves.

some sort of buildup, ive seen this kind of stuff when i went to home depot to get some river rocks
dust?
snails poop?
She does have 2 new Assassin snails. The tank is 10+ years old and she did not change the hardscape, she just bought new fish. She has clean it up a couple times and it keeps coming back. So something is growing in the tank, fungus?

She does have 2 new Assassin snails. The tank is 10+ years old and she did not change the hardscape, she just bought new fish. She has clean it up a couple times and it keeps coming back. So something is growing in the tank, fungus?
yea, try some remedies but dont move the snails, their shells might carry it to other tanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back