White Spot? Ich?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Keep testing ammonia and nitrite every day. Right now the other test results don't matter. Every time ammonia or nitrite is not 0 do a 75% water change. I'm afraid your nitrite is going to start going up soon.

Until the ammonia and nitrite are both at 0 without doing a water change I personally would only feed sparingly once every 2 or 3 days. Ammonia is far more harmful to fish than lack of food as mentioned in the link @Colin_T posted above. Once that is sorted you can look at getting their weight up.

Here is another useful link that explains what we mean by cycling http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/421488-cycling-your-new-fresh-water-tank-read-this-first. Obviously as you already have fish in there you can't use the fishless method.

I know this is a WILD stab in the dark but will oxygenating plants or some sort of live plant help reduce the ammonia in a tank due to taking in the Co2 and releasing O2.

As that is the only water problem I seem to be facing at the moment from two tests so far it looks like it is going down with help of treatment and water change that I done earlier today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live plants will use some ammonia and floating plants are better than submerged plants. Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is one of the best plants for using up nutrients. It grows rapidly on the surface but can also be plants in the gravel.

Duck weed is another good floating plant.

Iā€™ve done another water change of 30 percent. Conditioned the water and added the ammonia remover again. Left for two hours re checked and the ammonia is still as it was this morning at 0.5

I havenā€™t fed them this morning/afternoon and all the other test PH nitrate and nitrite etc is still the same.

Iā€™ve put another lot of remover in and leaving for another two hours which is just in time before I have work.

If it doesnā€™t change by tonight or tomorrow I think Iā€™ll stop on the remover and see if some plants will?

Iā€™ve just tested my water from tap without conditioner and it has come up via strip traces of ammonia 0.5 on the score.

Is this my problem? If so what do I do because itā€™s my main water source?

Got it down to 0 tonight will check tomorrow when wake up!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back