White Fungus Stuff

bam_emma

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Teesside
I've recently set up a new tank but i dont have any fish in it yet.
I've noticed on the bottom of the tank there is some like white stuff.
I thought it was smoke at first... How daft of me!! :P
But thats what it looks like, theres not much and its only in certain places, but i was wondering if anyone knows if this is normal.
Its a bigger tank than the one i have and i never had it on the one i'm currently using.
 
Hi there. :)

Does it seem to be attached to wood?

Can you see a main source of it?
 
Naa its just the gravel its attached to.
Just about 3 spots of it
 
It's probably just one of those things that pops up in tanks from time to time; I would just siphon it out if you don't like it.

I have similar stuff growing on my wood, but it is grey. I'm hoping the snails I plan to get will munch on it.
 
Would it be ok to just keep it in there then?
I have snails in it, i put some in from my other tank but they havnt ate it yet.
Also i have borrowed a heater off my uncle as he used to breed tropical fish and the heat seems to stay at about 34degrees and i know thats too hot but i've turned it down and it just aint budging.
So i've turned it off and hoping it will go down and i'm going keep putting it back on every so on for a little bit to keep the heat up.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top