White cloud mountain minnows

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator āš’ļø
Reaction score
These white cloud mountain minnows have survived the dutch winter of 2022/2203 in my paddle pool in the backyard. So, they can stay outdoors. I've put them in an outdoor tank on my balcony today. And it's still cold outside but these fish are happy as ever.

What is you climate like Stan? The coldest? Did your water ever freeze over?

I like White Clouds. Ooh , I like that upper view !
Well, the sun was shining into the tank and that's why it as a bit blurry and faded. But yes, the top view was great. No reflection of the glass and the sunlight.
What is you climate like Stan? The coldest? Did your water ever freeze over?
Well, we've got a sea climate. We don't have long winters anymore. For I do remember very well how those cold and long winters still were. The climate is changing. But I live in the eastern part of the country. In our country the eastern and southern part of the country, when it's cold, it's really cold overhere. When it's hot, it's really hot overhere in comparison to the rest of the country.
Yes, during winter the water surface will freeze.

Iā€™ve been gonna ask a WCMM in patio pond type question on here for a couple of weeks so sorry in advance for thread hijack.
I put six into our half wine barrel on Easter Sunday. Iā€™ve not seen more than three at the same time since but even they were blending in to the pebbley background. Gonna try to catch the last two in the tank this weekend and add them. Barrel was established last summer and thereā€™s a lot of insect life in there for them to snack on.
Question concerns a possible lowest temp for LFS bought live brine shrimp? Would they survive long enough to be eaten as live food if added to the aforementioned barrel at 15degrees in southern England around now or would they die of cold? Iā€™ll temp acclimate them if needed!!!!

Those brine shrimp should be okay at such temperatures and even lower.

Love my whiteclouds...but wondered why I lost a couple even though I'm doing everything right.
Googling the problem it seems the 25c temperature of my tropical tank is just too much for the little fellers.
Could turn it down a tad for the black tailed shark and the red line torpedo barbs...but then the tiger barbs wouldn't be happy.
Reluctantly concluded I just can't keep minnows any more...yet remaining 6 seem happy enough?

Most reactions

Back