Which Substrate And Filtration ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

robbie carrobie

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft aquarium with Cichlids and silver dollars and some loaches etc. It has under gravel filtration and palstic plants. I was recently at the botanical gardens in glasgow where i live and fell in love with the planted aquariums there. Please advise on sub stratae and flitration as i would really like to plant my tank up, possible with a mixture of gravel and some other elements (useful for growing Eleocharis acicularis), i would like to try and build tiers to create different levels also. Kind regards in advance - robert. :D

I biggest issue you will face is the cichlids and dollars eating the plants, unless you are willing to loss them I think you will struggle to have a planted tank, I'm afraid.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Sam

Yeah, with the dollars it's almost impossible I'm afraid :(
Hi thanks for reply, actually the dollars are nearing the end of their life cycle as are the cichlids, really i am waiting until this happens before embarking on some changes, i just need some good info as i want to plant Eleocharis acicularis and introduce smaller fish, mabye tetras and guppies etc. regards robert. :D

Most reactions

trending

Back