Which Ps3

Nick16

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
hi all, im after a PS3 as im bored of having to upgrade my PC every 6 months in order to be able to play the newest games out...

i want a PS3 to...

play games like Battlefield 3 etc (fast paced stuff) - ONLINE
play my old PS2 games (dont think you can play PS1???)
needs to have WI-FI so i can play online and not have 10000 meters of cable to my internet hub.

im not so bothered about storing music or films so much.. but i know the PS3 can, much like the ps2, play DVD's.

ive heard some models vary regarding capabilities, USB ports, WI-FI etc...

can you guys recommend me a model that will serve me well... (links if possible)

i remember when a playstation was 1 model and they were all the same!!!

Thanks all!

All PS3s have WIFI. The newest slim model can not play PS2 games, but should have no problem playing Battlefield or any other PS3 Games.

i see, so something like this should suit my needs... mid range, not a 'slim' so will play ps2 games..

CLICK HERE

i see, so something like this should suit my needs... mid range, not a 'slim' so will play ps2 games..

CLICK HERE

The only ps3 that can play ps2 games is then Gen 1 PAL ps3. Even then not all ps2 games will work but most do.

oh, well maybe my ideas will have to change.... i suppose after playing ps3 games for a bit, i wont ever want to go back to PS2, and all the games that i did play, will have sequels out anyway!

so il just go for the one in my previous post (in the link, its safe, its tesco!!)

OR

the slim version

CLICK HERE

oh, well maybe my ideas will have to change.... i suppose after playing ps3 games for a bit, i wont ever want to go back to PS2, and all the games that i did play, will have sequels out anyway!

so il just go for the one in my previous post (in the link, its safe, its tesco!!)

OR

the slim version

CLICK HERE

Just so you know, both consoles in your links are the same. They are both 'slim' PS3s. You cant buy a 'fat' one new anymore.

Even then it was only one specific fat one that worked with PS2 games. Mate of mine has one but i'm stuffed if i can remember which. I can ask. 60gig seems to be wafting around the dim recesses of my mind but i'm not sure.

As to PS1 games your stuffed, buy the classic recodes for the ps3 if you really miss them.

Even then it was only one specific fat one that worked with PS2 games. Mate of mine has one but i'm stuffed if i can remember which. I can ask. 60gig seems to be wafting around the dim recesses of my mind but i'm not sure.

As to PS1 games your stuffed, buy the classic recodes for the ps3 if you really miss them.
Yup 60gb was the only ps3 to be backwards compatible and they are getting rare

PS2 and PS1? Why on earth would you want to play games that don't have a patch on the PS3 games?

sometimes you just want simplicity, like old school DOOM, TimeSplitters etc...

most modern games are mad far to complicated, for example, cod2 is better than the first modern warfare because its so simple to chill to and play

PS2 and PS1? Why on earth would you want to play games that don't have a patch on the PS3 games?

Final Fantasy VII is now available to download on the PS3, so you are right.....there is NO reason to go back now!

Nick16 you forgot worms lol. No thats an awsome game never to be rivalled... Kamakazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee BOOOOM! lol

I am sure they brought out games for the PS2 in PS3 format didnt they?

so guys, what am i going to need to buy to get up and running?

Console bundle with a game, 1 controller

so..

1 extra controller
HDMI cable??
controller charger station?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back