Which lights do I need?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ICEEGRL

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a 55g mostly planted with stems and a few slower growers. No co2 in the plans. Looking for about the 2.5 wpg maybe.
What will give me that? Any help finding lighting is greatly appreciated. Tank has versa top on it.
Also some guppies.

Thanks again for helping me pick something.

I have a 55g mostly planted with stems and a few slower growers. No co2 in the plans. Looking for about the 2.5 wpg maybe.
What will give me that? Any help finding lighting is greatly appreciated. Tank has versa top on it.
Also some guppies.

Thanks again for helping me pick something.
Not sure what the wattage would be since that is determined by the length of model you choose (usually based on length of tank), but the Fluval Plant 3.0 seems to be one of the highest rated plant lights out. I personally use the Fluval AquaSky 2.0 and saw new plant growth within the first week. Both use the Fluval app via bluetooth. The main difference is the Plant has about 3x the wattage of the AquaSky in comparable size. Plant is a little pricier too. If you're going for a heavily planted tank, I would say the Plant. If like me and just moderately planted, the AquaSky has been great.

Ive recently bought a cheapo Nicrew Classic LED G2 for my 30 Gallon off Amazon for £30.

Its cheap enough & its excellent lighting spread has been enough for the Hornwort, Elodea & the other Guppy Grass/Najas thingy ☺️ to grow new roots & stems in only a matter of days

Most reactions

Back