Which Fish To Get

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

garry_boyd3

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
HI All, I have an orca 550 with two Clowns. i have been looking at maybe getting a Coral goby, Red Flamehawk. However I was also wanting something to mix the sand up abit. I have red a little on the Court jester goby however they seem difficult to keep by what I have read. Is there anything else I could go for that is small & will enjoy the sand :unsure:

Many thanks.

Court jester goby - I have read mixed information on these. Some say they are very easy to keep and others say they are extremely difficult as they tend to be very picky eaters and are hard to keep fed properly. I dont know the actual answer but I suspect that its a mix of both depending on the individual fish :)

If you want something to play in the sand you could go for a watchman goby/pistol shrimp combination. would have to watch the hawk with the pistol shrimp though.

I have heard about the watchman/ pistol shrimp combo. But they also move rocks as well I believe. Would this copmbo be OK with other Shrimps.

Yeah the shrimp will use smaller bits of rock to build its borrow. Other shrimp can also be dodgy as in the wild pistol shrimp will prey on other shrimp and small fish.

Here is my goby shrimp combo.

Yasha goby w/a red banded pistol shrimp.

100_6816.jpg

Most reactions

Back