Which Corys Do You Have?

I just bought the 'Sterbai' yesterday. My little 'Trilineatus' (three lined) was so happy when I put his new buddy in the tank. He/she went right up to the new cory and checked it out by touching it with it's barbels. Then the two of them swam off side by side. They are swimming together all the time now. Question: How do you determine which sex they are?

In words of Geo7x: female corydoras catfish are deeper bodied and broader than males, males are relatively slim in comparison

I have 9 pandas with a CT betta in a 10 gallon. Will move up to a 20 gallon once I get the money ><

Hi - I have 3 corys - a peppered cory, a bronze and an albino. How can I tell what sex they are. Would the albino and bronze mate (they seem to be getting awfully close)? Thanks

I had only one albino Corydoras aeneus in my 10 gallon due to stocking constraints but now that I've moved him to my new 55 gallon I will build up a proper shoal. The albinos are so great looking and active. And I love his rushes to the top to get air. Any fish that get in his way he just slams into. :lol:

Thought I'd update my cory collection:-

5 Normal Sterbai
6 Albino Sterbai
A number of pandas (due to breeding and keeping some fry, I've lost count), probably around 12
5 Trilineatus
4 Concolour
6 C. Aeneus Black

:good:

Just got four corys today! Spotted, emerald green, peppered and green. All are very young, they're small.

I'm trying to find the proper names for each of them...this is what I've come up with so far...

Spotted - Corydoras leucomelas

Emerald Green - Brochis splendens

Peppered - Corydoras paleatus

Green - unable to find yet

At present I have C Aeneus, albino corys and C Harald Schultzii. I love them all and am looking forward to getting more.

Pics to follow shortly :D

I currently have 82 species of Cory and 1 brochis species.

I keep thinning down but the list just seems to keep growing.

Ian

Most reactions

Back