Which Camera?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Seffie I really like the fuji I bought..for a compact it is right up there with my dslr and even has a higher pixel count. Brilliant lenses in these guys and are fully multi purpose little units. Would look at a lumix as well but best one is around £300 mark I think
My little fuji simply uses a macro setting on any of the main features apart from video recorder and should be on most compacts now.

Im really getting confused now :lol: nothing new there then!

ok the first one is FUJIFILM FinePix S5700 Digital Camera +2gb card £100 or there abouts - so this is not a dslr then?

next one is: NEW FUJIFILM FinePix S1500 DIGITAL CAMERA S1500 +4GB SD - £140 about is this a dslr?

next one: FUJIFILM FinePix S8000fd SLR style 18x zoom s8000 fd £130 ish - is this the one you like Tina?

next one: Sony DSLR-A100 Camera, The camera comes with a solid carry case as seen in the photograph and the soft carry case with all the equipment shown. This includes a large tripod and mini tripod, flash, cleaning equipment, shoulder strap, memory card and memory card adaptor to USB and two lenses for the camera one of which is wide angle. the lenses are a Sony 3.5-5.6/18-70 and a Sony digital high definition 0.5x wide angle lens with macro but would cost about £250 eeek

Seffie x

:fish:

help me out guys

I'd jump on that sony package seffie..real good bargain there !!! With a decent housing you can add lenses as you go and are open then to add filters ,etc to your lenses. Those lenses are a perfect start up kit..

none of the fuji's are DSLR they are known as 'bridge' cameras - between a compact and a DSLR.

Ps...secret time !!!! A LOT of the picture nowadays on digital is done behind the scenes with editing packages such as photoshop or I'm cheapskate and use picasa 3 as it's free to download for windows vista.....simple to use and quite effective.
With a good basic pic you can really finish it off wwith these software packages..

Im really getting confused now :lol: nothing new there then!

ok the first one is FUJIFILM FinePix S5700 Digital Camera +2gb card £100 or there abouts - so this is not a dslr then?
Prosumer camera, Not DSLR
next one is: NEW FUJIFILM FinePix S1500 DIGITAL CAMERA S1500 +4GB SD - £140 about is this a dslr?
Not DSLR- Very good camera though
next one: FUJIFILM FinePix S8000fd SLR style 18x zoom s8000 fd £130 ish - is this the one you like Tina?
Not DSLR - Top End Prosumer Camera - Yes this is better than mine, if I bought one now, this would probably be it.
next one: Sony DSLR-A100 Camera, The camera comes with a solid carry case as seen in the photograph and the soft carry case with all the equipment shown. This includes a large tripod and mini tripod, flash, cleaning equipment, shoulder strap, memory card and memory card adaptor to USB and two lenses for the camera one of which is wide angle. the lenses are a Sony 3.5-5.6/18-70 and a Sony digital high definition 0.5x wide angle lens with macro but would cost about £250 eeek

Seffie x

help me out guys

I am a big fan of Fuji, very good quality cameras, I had a 35mm one when I was a kid, B'day pressie off parents, taught me alot about photography.

I always use Fuji paper for printing and seek out printers that do.

The cameras you are looking at are mainly compact at the high end with some DSLR features.

The advantage of these is that they have video camera function on them, DSLR cameras don't tend to have.

Ah reet, things are becoming clearer now - I was thinking that i needed a dslr and in fact i don't :lol:

I would love to buy that sony one, seems to be a really good deal but.............. it is more than i was going to pay and not sure i would ever get the real benefits of it.

So and with trepidation (sp) it looks like it is going to be, drum roll:

FUJIFILM FinePix S8000fd

Oh heck or should i push the boat out and get the sony :crazy: I used to be decisive but now i'm not so sure..............

Reet, going to wash my hair, shower and mull this over................. and when i get back you can all TELL me what to buy :rofl:

Seffie x

ps thank you for helping me out guys :good:

Personally I think thats a very good choice Seffie.

One thing you don't think about with DSLR's is that they can be an absolute pain to carry around.

My dad always had an SLR when I was a kid, at that time airlines let you carry camera equipment in addion to your hand luggage, now they don't. My dads old SLR 35mm camera case was the maximum hand luggage size. It had the camera, some cleaning equipment and 3 lenses in there. Plus his rolls of film.

They can also be quite heavy. His tripod was always strapped to the handle of the case aswell and it made for lots of fun at airports and stowing it in overhead lockers.

That is why I went for a fixed lense. Easier to carry so you more likely to take it will you when you go out. If you had to take 2 or 3 lenses everytime, you would leave it at home. Unless you are a very serious photographer.

The fujis fit nicely in the Lowpro cases, I have one that is no bigger than a medium sized video camera case, that fits my manis adapter, memory cards, and leads in nicely. Plus it fits in hand luggage well too. I also have a proper leather fuji case for it, this I use to take the camera out with me, fits just the camera so it is easy for getting the camera out at those nice moments, and the case being soft will fit in my handbag while I am snapping away.

Hope that helps.

Compacts are brilliant cameras nowadays and really are as simple as point and press....the dslr gives you more freedom of choice for set up, but costly..although that is a good bargain. Can set dslr to fully auto as well and it becomes a stunner of a point and press,lol...

choices, choices,lol...

Hehe my head was like that a few weeks ago I like the DSLR in the end as I do like the ability of changes the lenses :)

I choose the Sony over a Canon in the end was down to lenses as the sony can use minolta lenses and antishake is done on the body not the lens ;)

But I am still learning to use I have a Panasonic Lumix for quick snaps (Thanks to my Step-dad was free) ;)

We actually have both - my fuji s8000 and otherhalfs olympus e510 (dslr)

I got the fuji because I don't have the patience for the dslr even though it is a fab camera.

If you want a camera that you can simply set - point - shoot but do have some input to the settings then the fuji is the way to go.

If you have a bit more patience and can be bothered sussing out the DSLR then go for the sony....

I'd jump on that sony package seffie..real good bargain there !!! With a decent housing you can add lenses as you go and are open then to add filters ,etc to your lenses. Those lenses are a perfect start up kit..

So the Sony then

Personally I think thats a very good choice Seffie.

One thing you don't think about with DSLR's is that they can be an absolute pain to carry around.

They can also be quite heavy. Easier to carry so you more likely to take it will you when you go out. If you had to take 2 or 3 lenses everytime, you would leave it at home.
The fujis fit nicely in the Lowpro cases, I have one that is no bigger than a medium sized video camera case, that fits my manis adapter, memory cards, and leads in nicely. Plus it fits in hand luggage well too. I also have a proper leather fuji case for it, this I use to take the camera out with me, fits just the camera so it is easy for getting the camera out at those nice moments, and the case being soft will fit in my handbag while I am snapping away.

Hope that helps.

So the fuji then

Compacts are brilliant cameras nowadays and really are as simple as point and press....the dslr gives you more freedom of choice for set up, but costly..although that is a good bargain. Can set dslr to fully auto as well and it becomes a stunner of a point and press,lol...

choices, choices,lol...

oh heck, back to the sony

Hehe my head was like that a few weeks ago I like the DSLR in the end as I do like the ability of changes the lenses :)

I choose the Sony over a Canon in the end was down to lenses as the sony can use minolta lenses and antishake is done on the body not the lens ;)

But I am still learning to use I have a Panasonic Lumix for quick snaps (Thanks to my Step-dad was free) ;)

so, the sony

We actually have both - my fuji s8000 and otherhalfs olympus e510 (dslr)

I got the fuji because I don't have the patience for the dslr even though it is a fab camera.

If you want a camera that you can simply set - point - shoot but do have some input to the settings then the fuji is the way to go.

If you have a bit more patience and can be bothered sussing out the DSLR then go for the sony....

mmmm back to the fuji

:shout: ahhhhhhhhhhh

Seffie x

Well, at least I know one thing it will either be the sony a100 dslr OR the fuji s8000 oh gawd but which?

LOL

How technical are you?

If the answer is 'not at all/not much' then the fuji

if it is 'very' then the sony

if in between ? toss a coin.

One thing, have you checked out prices of additional lenses etc for the sony? Other half sais they are expensive.

LOL

How technical are you?

mmmm, I can learn

If the answer is 'not at all/not much' then the fuji

if it is 'very' then the sony

if in between ? toss a coin.

One thing, have you checked out prices of additional lenses etc for the sony? Other half sais they are expensive.

ahh, please thank your OH, that may have made my mind up :good:

Seffie x

Just to throw a spanner in the works - have you looked at any olympus eg the e420/e510 - they are coming down in proce now and you can get manual lenses (not the digital ones) very cheap - our latest one cost just £11 on ebay.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back