Which Camera?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yes some of mine are taken on a pentax dslr, but an old model now that can be picked up for around £100-£150...lenses however are always expensive but sigma do some great lenses for sensible prices.
Videos and some pics are taken on a fuji finepix j100 which can be bought new for around £100..great little point and press units !!

Taken with fuji compact...

DSCF0058.jpg

Taken with pentax dslr...

IMGP7422.jpg

Also seffie, here's a link to some non aquatic shots on here showing what a dslr can pull out of the bag. These were actually taken on auto focus and auto settings as you dont get time to mess around with settings at that game...

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=298205

The Lumix is a nice camera to look at ,as mentioned by a few here.

Thanks all, going to go off now, download that programme and have a look at the link Buddy put in, cheers

seffie x

:fish:

omg, just looked at your zoo pictures Buddy, amazing, just amazing :thumbs:

how about this one 280385456669, or this 380148522805, or 300340757693 or how about this one, its the sony a100 290341257410

Buddy looked at the pentax, afraid they are out of my league at the moment

This maybe a silly question but: assume the more pixels the better the picture quality?

Thanks all, going to go off now, download that programme and have a look at the link Buddy put in, cheers

seffie x

omg, just looked at your zoo pictures Buddy, amazing, just amazing :thumbs:

how about this one 280385456669, or this 380148522805

Buddy looked at the pentax, afraid they are out of my league at the moment

This maybe a silly question but: assume the more pixels the better the picture quality?

Not necessarily. It has a lot to do with the lens and the features on the camera too. My Kodak Easyshare C913 is 9MP and I can honestly say, I didn't see any improvement in image quality over my old 5mp Kodak, which is why I'm in the market for a new one lol.

What is your budget for a camera Seffie?

I've got the fuji finepix s8000fd - nice easy to use camera that I got for £100 off ebay.

Well, when i started thought i would buy something for around £100 but now realise it will need to be more, probably double that. To be honest it is all russian to me :crazy: thought i would look at mp and zoom x but gawd it is very complicated!

I want to be able to take close-ups of the corals etc in my tank but also be able to take the normal day out type of pictures

seffie x

my fuji has an excellent macro setting and is 18x zoom so very versatile - I'd go to a couple of places like dixons or pcworld and have a play with some cameras - then find them cheaper online!

Out of those Seffie I would go for the third one, if not the second one. The last is a good camera but it will not have any lenses with it which you would need to buy on top and lenses (you would need macro and all purpose) would cost more than double the camera.

The third one is a better camera than mine, it came out just after I bought mine and is a top prosumer camera.

The second one (although listing ended) is a very new design for fuji and is also a very good camera if you could get one.

seffie the larger the pixel count the tighter and sharper the pic quality. This doesn't really make a big difference unless you are enlarging shots or cropping off small portions to enlarge from a larger shot.

I'm happy with mine - fuji do an extended warranty pretty cheap too so you can get some peace of mind.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back