Where To Get My Rock On?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

satrop

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a good and trusted site that I could get some good rocks from. Looking for a site over here in Merica!

Thanks in advance.

i found all my rocks from local streams and then performed all checks to make sure they wont mess with water parameters :)
much cheaper

I found my rock at the local disc store.
It was really expensive.

Joking aside, even if you buy online, won't it cost a lot of money for shipping?

I buy mine from a LFS and they sell them at 1$ a pound.
I got some pretty nice rocks from there but had to search and go often!
Same thing goes with driftwood!

LOL, I wish I had a local fish store. I live in a very, VERY small town. My "local fish store" is a PetCo, no offense to PetCo but fish is not the bag. Next "best" thing. Walmart -_-. I think my closest fish store is 1/2 hour drive away. 

Trip the stream it is then.

satrop said:
LOL, I wish I had a local fish store. I live in a very, VERY small town. My "local fish store" is a PetCo, no offense to PetCo but fish is not the bag. Next "best" thing. Walmart -_-. I think my closest fish store is 1/2 hour drive away. 

Trip the stream it is then.
ugh. Where I live there are about 10 in a half hour radius..

I'd send you some but yeah.. expensive shipping

Awesome! I have just sent off a few questions to the site you (Ninjouzata) sent me, thanks for that. Really like the rocks they had to offer.

Yea sure just be to clean them and do all tests to make sure it won't mess with ur levels :)
It's free. Apart from a bottle of bleach to clean and some vinegar to test

Do you have garden centres over there that sell stone for rockeries?  

YES, and I didn't even think to look! Thank you for pointing out something that should have be very obvious. Off to HomeDepot I go! Saying that I have seen some REALLY nice rocks in a garden just round the corner. I'll have to ask where they got them from or if they have any spare.

Again, thanks for the tip. :) 

Well, I have my new rocks. Giving them a nice soak right now. Here is the most boring photo you might see today. Tee hee!

Attachments

• Rocks.jpg
    Rocks.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 136
very nice rocks ....boring yes but also very awesome..... I try to picture them in a tank then .....

I do have them in the tank now
smile.png
heres some pics.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:72601]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:72604]

Most reactions

trending

Back