Where Is You Outlite Tube?

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
I just moved my spray bar on the short wall of the tank pointing the long way. I have it slanted and turned just so that now I can see the water is moveing around the tank in a circle. The intake tube is in the middle of the tank.

I think this set up will take care of any dead spots.

Where is your outtake tube? Where do you think is the best place for it?
 
my intake tube is in the left hand corner of the tank,with the outlet tube opporsite end of the tank angled just above the water to

airiate tank aswell as moving, also i have another filter the same side as the outlet which is angled to blow across the tank at the

front end of the tank, however the bigger of the two filters the fluval fx5 does the job very well indeed...

also in my other tank i just have the filter in the corner on the jewul<jewul filer>

then on the 3rd tank i have the filter at an angle across the back wall and flow angled so it flows down and around the tank..

all seems to work perfect
 
Double hex tank - stingray filter (swapping it out for a fluval u2 asap). The outlet blows down the upper connecting tube, which causes the water to circulate both parts of the tank andflow back to the filter through the lower connecting tube.
Male bettas each have an upright sponge filter in their divide.
Fry have a sideways on sponge filter.
Delta tank - fluval 405 the intake is to the rear left of the tank and the outlet is aimed from the rear right to the front left. I think this is possibly giving me a dead spot on front right though. I'm looking at adding a powerhead (or wavemaker as suggested by aaronnorth) to increase the circulation.
 
I have my tetratec ex700 external outlet flowbar on the righthand side spraying across the water from back to front and in the intake in the left hand corner,and a smaller internal spraybar on short side of the tank spraying again across the top,this will soon be replaced by another external which will be the opposite ends to my other external,if you get my drift :) therefore covering the whole surface of the water.
 
I've got my intake in the left hand rear of the tank and have the spray bar going across the back wall blowing towards the front of the tank.

I have it angled up as much as I can without it blowing water into the lid of my tank because it just blows all the cories and plants on the bottom of the tank backwards because its so powerfull if I have it pointing straight towards the front.
 
Interesting thanks for sharing guys. I also keep just a little bit of the spray bar above the water to help airation. I have a small powerhead I might add to the tank as well.
 
Interesting thanks for sharing guys. I also keep just a little bit of the spray bar above the water to help With airation. I have a small powerhead I might add to the tank as well. My other tanks have aquaclear power filters that are on the back left corner of the tanks and the water is kept just low enough for water to fall.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top