where do you get your fish?

CONMAN23

Reaction score
where do you get your fish?

I get them at PetSmart,Petland,.etc

reply to answer :kana: :fish: :dunno: :cool:

Petland Discounts and PETCO. But I only get bettas.

I get my fish from a lfs called Aqua Hut and sometimes from Magic Isle which is a good pet shop with a big fish department. I often get worms and plants from Petland Discounts because there is one in the same shopping center as the supermarket I usually shop at.

There are many good places to get fish near my house, but I go to the best. Are there many near where you live? :unsure:

Inchworm said:
I get my fish from a lfs called Aqua Hut
I have an lfs called Aqua Hut! :D Haven't actually bought fish there though. With the exception Bettas and Ghost Shrimp, I get my fish at an lfs called World of Fish. It's a lovely store with a wide variety of fish and supplies and a very friendly owner :) They just put an addition on too :) :D

Pamela
aka Lizard

I have three LFS's I have ever bought fish from, but I hardly ever visit the las one.
they are:
Claremont pet and aquarium center (Claremont NH)
West Lebanon pet and aquarium center (West Lebanon NH)
Paul's pet and aquarium center (Keene NH)

even though I buy from and visit the one in Claremont the most often, the one in West Lebanon is the best, their entire basement is dedicated to fish.

My first choice is fellow aquarists - people giving away or selling fish that they either breed or simply don't want anymore.

Then I shop around, I don't have a regular fish store. I go to a few places and then make a decision as to who's look like the best quality based on completely unscientific judgement. I do not price shop for fish.

i get my bettas from petco and petsmart, some other fish from petsmart (i mostly use these two for equipment though), a lfs called Aquarium Arts (for my puffers), another called Pets Inc., and anther called Amazon Aquariums (though theyre about 40 minutes away, so only for certain fish, their fancy guppy selection is amazing.....i now know what half backs are).

i agree with cichlid addict, the best way is to go to people you know take good care of their fish. that usually means fellow fishkeepers.
other than that i'm willing to travel to get good quality as you can't get much here other than "bread & butter" fish.

Petsmart for my bettas and for most of my supplies. I've visited a lot of lfs' along with petco and wal-mart and by far Petsmart was the cleanest and had the healthiest looking fish.

I get most of mine from a LFS called Fairmount Aquaruim, or one of three Eblings Pet centers. But there are also 2 Petco's a Pet Depot, and a Pet World, and four other snaller ones. We have a ton around here, but The first is the only one that knows their stuff

Most reactions

Back