When Will The Aggression Stop?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Crossfire

Cogito Ergo Sum
Reaction score
My two sparkling gouramis have been constantly making bubble nests and laying eggs (babies all get eaten later) but they've taken the right side of the tank hostage! No fish can make it over there without being attacked, eggs or no eggs, and I was wondering if the aggression will ever stop or how i can stop it? :/ Also, my female and male have been apparently fighting, as their tails have been shredded! No signs of infection, I'm keeping water clean,stats are perfect, and I've added StressCoat to heal it faster. Help! :sad:

Sometimes lowering the temp of the tank can be enough to stop breeding. If they don't want to breed they won't need territory. Also feeding less can help.
So if your temp is 80, bring it down to 75-76. If you're feeding heavy with nice frozen foods cut down to once a week...

Well, I only feed bloodworms once a week, brine shrimp randomly throughout the week, sometimes not at all. I will turn down the temp from 78 to 76, see what happens. Can't move the decor, as they've claimed an amazon sword...Plus, the aggression has resulted in the death of two pink jewel tetras! :shout:

Most reactions

Back