When the yard becomes a fish tank (and you become a Cory).

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GaryE

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I'm a city person now living on a 1.8 acre lot, which is about 1.70 acres more than I would normally appreciate. I have very good views out front, across a graveyard to the ocean. Out back is something I thought I'd never appreciate = nothing. Well, beautful savannah-like trees dotting a rolling field, with the usual northern evergreens dotted around. Looking out there in the morning has become a pleasure. No bricks, no cement, but it's nice.

I got ten small pines as part of my plan to bring the lot back to native trees, without letting it become an alder wood. I was just out back with my puppy assisting me, looking at placement, and I suddenly realized everything I was trying to accomplish was based on my limited knowledge of using perspective in aquascaping. Eventually, there will be walking paths through woods back there, and I am working on the transition between open grass and the start of the back field.

One of these years not far off, I'll be walking down paths with a gang of dogs and people, making like Corys travelling though a planted tank.

It got me thinking about how many of my "life hacks" have come from my fishkeeping. I've learned a lot more than patience from this hobby. How about you?

It would be nice just to have a front or back yard. I wouldn't mind a second bedroom too. Living in a crappy (tiny and poorly laid out) one bedroom unit with concrete all round is not fun.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back