When Do You Turn Your Lights On

chrisjj

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just wounded what time of day/ night you all turn your lights on and off. when i set my tank up i was thinking of turning my lights on at 16.00 and off at 12.00am but will sun light during the day and tank lights at night course algae problems ?

on at 2pm off at 10pm, but slowly built up to a longer period of time over 6 months. (Started with only a 5 hour period.) Depends if you got plants and stuff really.

On at 2pm, off at 9:30pm.

in the summer mine go on at 8:00AM Turn off at 11:00AM Go back on at 4:00PM and then go off again at 9:00PM

IN the winter they go on at 8:00AM and turn off at 9:00PM

Yeah mine are on for quit a while to need to cut back as getting a little alge on the glass

Mine are on for 8 hours on all tanks, on at 2PM off at 10PM

I can see a flaw in that... if it is a very dark day then all the light will be in the afternoon pretty much... i get around this in the summer by having it off during the lightest part of the day... but in winter it is of course darker so i use a slightly lower power bulb and run it the whole time

2-10pm on the main tank, 3pm- 10pm on the smaller tank. Not sure why they're set differently but cbb to alter the timer!

Mine are on for 8 hours on all tanks, on at 2PM off at 10PM

I can see a flaw in that... if it is a very dark day then all the light will be in the afternoon pretty much... i get around this in the summer by having it off during the lightest part of the day... but in winter it is of course darker so i use a slightly lower power bulb and run it the whole time
I don't really get you? My fish don't have watches so they don't need to know what time it is.

But the tanks are inside, Blubble, so what does it matter what the light is like outside? Tanks shouldn't be too near a window anyway. You could have the lights on 2am - 10am, I don't think the fish would notice. The lights are for the plants and for us to view the fish, really.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back