when buying testing kits.......

what type of testing kits do i need for my aquarium the fish store has like 30 different things to test

pH
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate

These are the 4 most important, there are more for water hardness, etc. It will depend on what fish you're keeping as to what to test for but the 4 above are for all tanks.
Hope this helps.

I use Freshwater Master Test Kit. It costs me £17 from Pets at home, tests for
PH
High PH
Ammonia
Nitrate
Nitrite

The one kit is enough for 700 tests!

wow sunflower, that sounds like a great price :)

I use interpet tests. I had problems with tablet ones as some were very difficult to crush/dissolve and as they come with plastic tubes we ended up with lots of broken ones. now we use the liquid ones, these are much easier and in my opinion more acurate as there is no undissolved residue

I have used the Interpet tablet test kit which said my water was 8.2 Ph, and my nitrates were always at around 50-70ppm, then I got a Hagen mini master kit (same as the master kit in the briefcase but only has nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, and Ph) and that says my Ph is 7.5, and I had real problems with the nitrate test in that it always said 0-10ppm.
I took a sample to my LFS, and they found my nitrates to be 30ppm. I dunno what to believe!!!!!

Most reactions

Back