When ammonia drops but not nitrite and other cycling issues

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

First of all, let me thank everyone who has offered guidance and/or given advice and instruction. I don't really care to get into arguments and theories on the "correct" way to do this. That's an impossible task or a least a bridge too far if you ask me.

I was thrust back into fish-keeping recently (20+ years removed) after one of my kids got a 10g tank for Christmas. I didn't cycle it. I did many things wrong. I believed the SeaChem and API (name your brand here) method of instant cycling was possible. My daughter's tank, after a rough patch and worrying and countless water changes is thriving now 8-9 weeks in. Because her chosen fish will outgrow her tank, I started the 75g. My intention is and has been to do this one the right way.

There's apparently a lot of disagreement about what the "right" method to start a new (in my case planted) tank may be. I know this; my water parameters look good, my plants are growing, and I've got the time and resources (TFF included) to tackle damn near any problem.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back